Monday, January 17, 2011

What will your life be known for?


What mark do you hope to make on the world? As I thought about this question, I reflected on two of the aspects of my life: my strengths and goals.

      I thought of all of my God-given strengths that I had become aware of last semester in my Christ, Culture and University class. Each student had taken the 'Strengths Quest' quiz online and learned in-depth about their strengths.  The quiz listed my top five strengths as Restorative, Developer, Harmony, Adaptability and Empathy. Combining these strengths creates a person who enjoys challenges, encourages others, avoids conflict, and is flexible and caring towards peers. I aim to leave a positive mark on the world.

      Another important aspect is my future goals. I came to college with the hope of pursuing an elementary education major because of the patience and passion I have for children. Over the past few months, God has molded and shaped me by closing doors and opening new ones.  This lead me to realize my passion for writing and analyzing. I aspire to either teach English or become an editor someday and enjoy my work while impacting others.

     Which brings me back to the question, what mark do you hope to make on the world? I hope to impact the world with my compassionate disposition.  I want to be remembered for my listening skills, and hopefully one who cares about others more than herself.   I dream of impacting lives by teaching and sharing new information. I seek to be an encouragement where others can see God through my life. But mostly, I want to be remembered for always being happy, positive and thankful for all of the blessings in my life.


1 comment:

  1. Cara this is beautiful and so true! you truly do care more about others than yourself and you are great to come to with my problems and talk to and you are great at encouraging me! Continue to use these gifts that God has given you and great things are in store for you

    ReplyDelete